This is the story of my attempt to fly from Newcastle to Perth on Jetstar.
1. No connecting flight - a ridiculous 3-hour stopover in Melbourne.
2. Told have to collect bags and re-check in, even though was flying 2 consecutive Jetstar flights.
3. Arrived, grabbed bag, walked to check-in, and was turned away even though others were checking in on other flights. Dragged my bags to the other end of the airport to get a coffee.
4. Came back at the allotted time to a cattle herd: 6 flights now checking in simultaneously. Waited 1 hour and 3 minutes in line. The foreign tourists were absolutely amazed and just couldn't believe anything so primitive was being offered up to people.
5. Sent to gate 30 - planes loading via tarmac in pouring rain. Frail lady in her 80's wheeled into pouring rain in her wheelchair, and forced to stand on an open, wind-up platform and put onto the plane wringing wet. This lady and her companion could not speak English. The staff member asked "Can she stand" and when it became clear that English was not understood, had the brainwave to ask the same question, over and over, and louder and louder. Smart people, these Jetstar people.
6. Arrived in Perth at destination only to find my flight not listed on any of the carousels, had to wander around the carousels to finally work out which one my luggage was on. Could staff give a toss? Of course not.
7. Also at arrival in Perth, disembarking by tarmac. Watching a few very aged and unsteady people traversing the steps and then across the tarmac slowly and with difficulty. Be aware this is how the elderly and infirm are treated by Jetstar.
This airline is a national disgrace and it deserves to be shut down. Is it worth a hundred bucks discount to be treated like an animal? Surely this is the most disgusting airline on the face of the planet.