Firstly I love your website, misery loves company!
Back at the beginning of April we were enroute to Fiji via Sydney (from my home in Bali) on another carrier but got stalled in Sydney when a tropical storm blew through and, like many, we never actually made it to Fiji. The other carrier have fully refunded our ticket held with them, Jetstar however continue to give us the run around.
I actually booked the tickets with jetstar when the other carrier couldnt rebook us for several days but offered a refund instead. I took the refund choosing to book with Jetstar on their flight the following day. At the time of booking I clearly asked the agent, three times, in words of one syllable, if I would get a full refund in the event of cancellation due to bad weather. Three times the agent said I would and on the basis of that information i went ahead and made the booking.
They cancelled the flight, due to bad weather, and (of course, seeing as i am taking the time to write this) they will not offer a refund. They want me to take the famous Jetstar voucher with all its terms and conditions... what I want is cash money back on my credit card as promised.
I have been through the complaint process, been a good boy and filled in the online form, submitted it and waited the appropriate time for no response. I have called the reservations team several times and they always give me their stock answer about emailing the Customer Care (hilarious term!) team and that I would get a response in 48 hours.... NOT! In fact I now call the reservations team and tell them what they are about to tell me (I am getting word perfect on the script for dealing with irate and snearingly sarcastic customers... i.e. me).
So there you are, dont travel Jetstar. Dont believe a word they tell you and dont pay for crappy service.
Thank you and goodnight!